The collaboration can help bring the benefits of Account-Based Ticketing to agencies of all sizes. Masabi
Trapeze Group and Masabi are forming a strategic collaboration to offer transit agencies an integrated fare payment solution to help revolutionize the rider experience and change the way public transit agencies deliver Mobility-as-a-Service to their communities.
The ideal MaaS model is driven by a platform that coordinates multiple modes of mobility to deliver an elevated rider experience. A critical element of that model is payment. By combining Masabi’s fare payment platform with Trapeze’s multimodal transit technology, agencies can offer passengers seamless journeys, enabling them to go from A to B to C using multiple modes of transit and one easy-to-use payment system.
The collaboration can help bring the benefits of Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) to agencies of all sizes. ABT is a ticketless way of enabling people to travel, allowing them to tap or scan a secure token, linked to an account in the back office, to make a journey. The location and number of taps calculates the fare, which is charged to the passenger post journey, meaning riders no longer need to buy tickets, or understand fares, and can benefit from best payment policies, rewarding them the more they travel.
This ABT system leverages Trapeze’s expertise deploying integrated transportation technology solutions, with Masabi’s proven, easy-to-implement Justride platform. A one-stop model for data collection, trip planning and payment, this system integrates with other technologies to help transit agencies deliver dynamic mobility tools to riders.
The Masabi-Trapeze team provides value for transit agencies and passengers with fare payment programs, delivering:
- A range of options for “ticketing”, including no tickets at all.
- A range of fare media, from smartcards and mobile, to contactless bank cards (cEMV) and paper barcodes.
- Cost savings through a reduction in proprietary tickets, cash handling, and physical infrastructure costs.
- Easy data collection, which allows agencies to adjust their systems based on travel patterns to better serve riders.
- A scalable and constantly improving back-office solution, which allows for future functionality to be added without extensive engineering; this means agencies can meet emerging needs from passengers and keep pace with evolving technologies.